Contact us

Plant Hill Road, Higher Blackley, Manchester M9 0WQ

Download a map showing car parking and details about school buses and local buses

0161 795 3005 (Term time: 8am - 5pm)
How can we help?
General enquiries

Please direct general enquiries to Mrs E Atkinson (Office Manager and Secretary to the Academy Leadership Team)

Principal and leadership team

Headteacher: Mr C Beard


Senior Vice Principal: Mrs M McMorrow

Vice Principal: Mrs G Marshall

Senior Assistant Vice Principal: Mrs J Baldwin

Assistant Vice Principals: Mr R Haseler, Ms M Peavoy, Mr M Heaney, Mrs L Antrobus

Associate Assistant Vice Principal: Ms A O’Connor



The leadership team is supported by Mr S Brice, Executive Headteacher (Greater Manchester) at Co-op Academies Trust.

Who can I speak to about my child?


Year 7  

Ms McLean (LPSO)

Mr H Egalton (LPSO)

Ms O’Connor (Associate Assistant Vice Principal)
Year 8  

Ms Mitchell (LPSO)

Mr Talabi (LPSO)

Ms Peavoy (Assistant Vice Principal)
Year 9  

Mr Blagbrough (LPSO)

Mr Poole (LPSO)

Mr Haseler (Assistant Vice Principal)
Year 10  

Ms Thistlethwaite (Senior LPSO)

Mr Graham (LPSO)

Mrs Antrobus (Associate Assistant Vice Principal)
Year 11  

Ms Jackson (LPSO)

Mr Heaney (Assistant Vice Principal)
Chair of the Board of Governors

Mrs J Bates.

Please write to: FAO Chair of Governors, Co-op Academy Manchester, Plant Hill Road, Higher Blackley, Manchester M9 0WQ or email: (please put FAO Chair of Governors in the subject line).


Find out more on our governors page.

Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)

Our SENCO is Ms J Russell.

Visit our SEND page for full details about how we support students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.

I'd like to report a safeguarding concern

Please make sure you report any safeguarding concerns as soon as possible. If you think a child is in immediate danger, please call 999

Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs J Baldwin (Senior Assistant Vice Principal).

Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs A Ram, who deals day-to-day with safeguarding concerns.

Please contact reception who will put you in touch with our Designated Safeguarding Lead or an appropriate member of the Child Protection Team.

Careers Officer and Work Experience

Mrs J Godfrey

As the academy’s Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Officer, Mrs Godfrey leads the careers education and work experience programme. She is supported by Mr M Heaney, Assistant Vice Principal, who acts as our Careers Leader.

Hiring our theatre, sports and meeting facilities

View our Lettings pages or contact us to discuss your needs, pricing or to arrange a viewing.

Tel: 0161 300 5912


Miss J Joynt, Lettings & Community Use Development Officer

Contacting the Co-op Academies Trust

Any complaint or concern should be raised via the Chair of Governors, this is clearly outlined in our Complaints Policy. The contact for our Governing Body is – FAO Chair of Governors, Co-op Academy Manchester, Plant Hill Road, Higher Blackley, Manchester M9 0WQ or email: (please put FAO Chair of Governors in the subject line)


Following this should you still wish to contact the Co-op Academies Trust:

0161 692 4309(Mon-Friday 9am-5pm)
(sales or marketing correspondence to the admin email address will be deleted)

Registered office in England:
1 Angel Square
M60 0AG
Company registration number: 07747126

Requests for paper copies

If you require paper copies of any of the information on this website, please contact the Website Manager on 0161 795 3005 or email

Please let us know what information you require. This will be provided free of charge.

How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to make a complaint, you should do so in accordance with our Trust Complaints Policy

The procedure allows parents, carers or anyone else to raise a concern or complaint relating to the academy or Co-op Academies Trust.

The procedure is divided into three stages:

  • Stage One (The Informal Stage) you should speak to a staff member in the academy to see if they can resolve the issue.
  • Stage Two (The Formal Stage) is the point at which you should put the complaint in writing to the Headteacher or another senior member of staff. Where the complaint is against the Headteacher, you should write to the Chair of Governors at our school address. Address the letter or email to ‘Chair of Governors’.
  • Stage Three (Formal Resolution) is the final stage. It involves a hearing before a panel including governors and an independent person who will review the complaint in its entirety.
Who is our GDPR Ambassador and Data Protection Officer?

Our GPDR Ambassador is

Ruth Brice

0161 795 3005

Our Data Protection Officer is

GDPR Sentry Lts
4 Highfiled Court
Greenfold Lane
LS22 6RG
0113 804 2035