General enquiries: Mrs E Atkinson (Office Manager and Secretary to the Academy Leadership Team)
Principal: Mr S Brice
Chair of Governors: Mrs J McCall
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO): Ms J McManus
Co-op Academy Manchester, Plant Hill Road, Higher Blackley, Manchester M9 0WQ
During term time:
The academy is closed completely on Bank Holidays and during the Christmas break.
Please visit our leadership team and key contacts page.
Please see Transport for Greater Manchester’s website for the latest information:
- First service 42 – Manchester, Cheetham Hill, Crumpsall, Alkrington, Middleton
- Stagecoach service 56 – Manchester, Collyhurst, Lower Crumpsall
- Stagecoach service 156 – Manchester, Collyhurst, Lower Crumpsall, Heaton Park, Rhodes, Middleton
Schoolday only service:
- M Travel service 716 – Newton Heath, Moston, Harpurhey
Some students who live further away from the school may be eligible for a free travel pass from Manchester City Council.
All students using buses to get to and from the academy will require an I-go pass for bus travel and to prove their age in order to pay a concessionary fare.
The academy has a number of car parks for staff and visitors, and drop-off and pick-up points for parents and carers. Please download our parking map.
Pick-up and drop-off
- Please note that Plant Hill road is very narrow and busy; we encourage parents and carers to avoid stopping on the road and to use our drop-off/pick-up spaces.
- The car park at Gate 4 has bays around the outside reserved for dropping off and picking up safely. This is marked in red on the map. The gates will open automatically in the mornings and afternoons, but are closed during the school day.
- Additional drop-off and pick-up spaces are available in the large red area on the map at Gate 1.
- The main car park for visitors is behind the academy, and accessed at Gate 1. Please then make your way to reception at the front of the building. There is a pedestrian gate you will need to buzz through.
- Additional car parking is available at Gate 6. During the day the site is secured and you will need to walk down to Gate 1 and buzz through to reception.
Disabled visitor access
- Disabled bays are available at the front of the academy near the bus bays. Please use the buzzer at Gate 1 to access these.
Buses and coaches
- Bus and coach bays are available at the front of the academy. Please use the buzzer at Gate 1 to access these.
The dates when students are expected to be in the academy are published on our term dates page.
Please see our venue hire page.
All external visitors who wish to meet with students must have a current, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
External agencies must provide the academy with the name of the person(s), together with their DBS certificate number and issue date before meeting with students.
No student will be seen alone unless we have verification of documentation and photo ID.
Please see our daily timetable page
If you require paper copies of any of the information on this website, please contact the Website Manager on 0161 795 3005 or email email@example.com.
Please let us know what information you require. This will be provided free of charge.
Any complaint or concern should be raised via the Chair of Governors, this is clearly outlined in our Complaints Policy. The contact for our Governing Body is – FAO Chair of Governors, Co-op Academy Manchester, Plant Hill Road, Higher Blackley, Manchester M9 0WQ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put FAO Chair of Governors in the subject line)
Following this should you still wish to contact the Co-op Academies Trust, you can write to the Central Team at X99 Co-op Academies, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. (Please mark all envelopes with X99 to ensure it reaches the Trust.)