Humanities (Geography, History, RE and related subjects)
The Humanities subjects cover a fascinating range of topics about human beings, how they behave and what impact they have on the world around them. Through subjects like History, Geography and RE, we help students develop a curiosity about the world around them.
How we deliver these subjects:
- Year 7 and Year 8 have one lesson per week in History, Geography and RE
- In Years 9, 10 and 11, students who choose to continue studying History, Geography and RE, or a new subject such as Sociology or Child Development will have two lessons per week in each subject.
What our students study:
The links below will open a PDF file which explains what knowledge, understanding and skills students learn about in each subject, as well as how they are assessed.
Qualifications delivered by the Humanities Learning Zone:
- GCSE Geography (AQA)
- GCSE History (AQA)
- GCSE Religious Studies A (AQA) – studied as ‘Ethics and Philosophy’
- GCSE Citizenship Studies (AQA)
- GCSE Sociology (AQA)
- Cambridge Nationals in Health and Social Care (OCR)
- Cambridge Nationals in Child Development (OCR)