Humanities (Geography, History, RE and related subjects)
The Humanities subjects cover a fascinating range of topics about human beings, how they behave and what impact they have on the world. Through subjects like History, Geography and RE, we help students develop a curiosity about the world around them.
How we deliver these subjects:
- Year 7 and Year 8 have one lesson per week in History, Geography and RE
- In Years 9, 10 and 11, students who choose to continue studying History, Geography and RE, or a new subject such as Sociology or Child Development will have two lessons per week in each subject.
What our students study:
The links below will open a PDF file which explains what knowledge, understanding and skills students learn about in each subject, as well as how they are assessed.
Qualifications delivered by the Humanities Learning Zone:
- GCSE Geography (AQA)
- GCSE History (AQA)
- GCSE Religious Studies A (AQA) – studied as ‘Ethics and Philosophy’
- GCSE Sociology (AQA)
- Cambridge Nationals in Health and Social Care (OCR)
- Cambridge Nationals in Child Development (OCR)