ICT, Computer Science, Creative iMedia and Business Studies
In an increasingly digital world, it is important for our young people to develop practical communication skills including being able use computers to achieve a variety of goals.
How we deliver these subjects:
- Year 7 have one lesson per week covering elements of ICT, computer science and digital literacy, such as e-safety.
- Year 8 have two lesson per week covering elements of ICT, computer science and digital literacy, such as e-safety.
- Years 9, 10 and 11: those choosing ICT, Computer Science, Creative iMedia and Business Studies will have two lessons per week for each option they choose.
What our students study:
The links below will open a PDF file which explains what knowledge, understanding and skills students learn about in each subject, as well as how they are assessed.
Qualifications delivered by the Digital Communications Learning Zone:
- GCSE Computer Science (OCR)
- Cambridge Nationals in Creative iMedia (OCR) N.b. only our current Year 11 cohort are taking this qualification, after which it will be phased out.
- BTEC Tech Awards Digital Information Technology
- GCSE Business Studies (Edexcel)
- BTEC Tech Awards Enterprise