Science and Technology
Science and Technology are exciting subjects that let students investigate how things work. Our aim is to develop students’ curiosity about the world they live in, and to give them methods for investigating the world around them. In Science, students learn about key scientific concepts and in Technology, students design and build a range of exciting products in the areas of Food Technology, Product Design, Graphics and Textiles.
How we deliver Science and Technology:
- Year 7: students have four Science lessons per week and two Technology lessons.
- Year 8: students have four Science lessons per week and one Technology lesson.
- Year 9 and 10: students have five Science lessons per week and those who choose to take a Design and Technology option have two lessons per week.
- Year 11: students have four Science lessons per week and those who choose to take a Design and Technology option have two lessons per week.
What our students study:
The links below will open a PDF file which explains what knowledge, understanding and skills students learn about in each subject, as well as how they are assessed.
The qualifications delivered by the Science and Technology Learning Zone:
- GCSE Combined Science (Edexcel)
- GCSE Product Design (AQA)
- GCSE Food & Nutrition (WJEC)