Our top tips for looking after yourself when studying at home
- Keep a routine – it will feel easy to sit on the sofa all day. However, it is important to keep yourself motivated and create a routine. Get up each morning, have breakfast, get dressed and plan a daily routine that works for you. This may be different to your friends but make sure you make time for yourself, to support those at home and to complete some online class work.
- Personal hygiene – although we are not going out as much and socialising, it is important to ensure you are keeping clean each day. Get up and shower or wash as usual and remember to wash your hands throughout the day. Wash the back of your hands, between your fingers etc. for a minimum of 20 seconds. We have practiced this in Tutor Time; refer to the lesson again if you need reminding. It has also been uploaded to Google Classroom.
- Join your Google Classrooms – school work can be accessed via Google Classroom. Information on how to access this was sent home via a letter on the MyEd app and is on the school webpage vle.cam.coop. All teachers are uploading work each week for you to access. Keep busy, keep challenging yourself and submit your work. You may also have access to other learning tools such as Seneca learning, MathsWatch and Quizziz for some subjects too. Get online and complete your work. ClassCharts points are still available for those submitting excellent work.
- Create a space – if you can, create a space at home that is for school work. Being organised will help you access work and stay motivated. You may find it useful to create a revision or work timetable, revision posters or flash cards etc.
- Take breaks – just like in the academy, having a break from studying is important too. Remember to take a break from working and also, take a break from social media. Over the next few weeks, we will be posting a session on here about fake news. Be mindful of what you read and watch, remain positive and manage your online time.