Starting secondary school in September 2021?
Dear parents and carers,
Applying for secondary school
If your child is starting secondary school in September 2021, the deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 2 November 2020. Applications are made through your local council (for many of you, this will be Manchester City Council https://www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions
You may be considering applying for our school. We are proud to serve our local community and have some of the best GCSE results in the area. Ofsted rated us as a ‘Good’ school in 2014 and singled out some features as Outstanding. This September we were oversubscribed yet again, and have enjoyed welcoming our newest students.
We want to ensure that families have all the information they need to make the right decision for their child. We know that COVID-19 makes it more difficult for us all, but we are doing our best to support you.
Attend a virtual Open Evening at http://transition.cam.coop/
We have created a special website so that you can find out about our school:
- Watch our ‘Proud’ video, which was filmed between July 2019 and February 2020. This shows you what life at our academy is like.
- Take the video tour of our academy, or download the Minecraft version, and explore our building and facilities.
- Read information about all our subjects, from English and Maths to Art, History, Drama and more.
Book a guided tour at https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/cam for the evening of Tuesday 22 September
COVID-19 means that we can’t offer our usual Open Evening where you can explore the academy and meet our staff and students. We understand that you may be wary of visiting us during the current infection levels. We also know how important it is for you to see our school for yourself.
If you wish to book a tour, please read these notes carefully. We hope you will see that these rules are in place for your safety, as well as the safety of our staff and students:
- Tours are strictly by appointment only, and you must arrive at your allotted time.
- Each tour has a maximum of five people. You will be asked to keep your distance from other groups, and from other households in the same group.
- Do not visit our school if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visitors are asked to wear face masks unless you have a medical reason not to. Our staff will also be wearing masks.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
- The tour will follow a specific route and only go into certain rooms. Please avoid touching things and do not go into any rooms that your guide doesn’t take you into.
We would love for you to see our facilities, including: the climbing wall, the new gym , our state-of-the-art theatre / box office and specialist subject rooms. Even more importantly, this would give you the chance to meet some of our staff and the academy leadership team, who will be able to answer all your questions and give you the reassurance you may need to choose us for the next step in your child’s learning journey.
Let us know your questions
You may have lots of questions about starting secondary school, and we will do our best to answer them. The easiest way is for you to complete the form at http://transition.cam.coop/ We will then email or call you back with an answer.
We hope this helps you in this exciting time of choosing your child’s secondary school.