Careers education & work experience
The academy has an award-winning careers education programme which ensures that our students
- Develop the skills they need to be able to explore and research different careers paths
- Have opportunities to undertake work experience in Year 10 and Post-16
- Have appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance at appropriate times, including to choose their GCSE options and to choose their pathway after completing Year 11
Some of the strengths of our careers education programme include
- A high level of support from key staff, including your Learning and Pastoral Support Officer, the Special Education Needs team and our dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance Officer
- Our annual Careers Fair in which students can meet and speak to representatives from Further Education Colleges, Apprenticeship providers and employers
- Our links with many local employers for work experience and other opportunities. We are fortunate that our sponsors The Co-operative Group offer a large number of high quality work placements each year at their head office
- One-to-one interviews for Year 11 students to ensure they are fully informed when considering their options after leaving the academy
After leaving the academy
We track students after leaving us to ensure they are succeeding in further education or in employment with training. The vast majority of our students proceed to various Further Education colleges in the Manchester area, and many students move on to A Level study. We are also proud of those students who continue into work-based training, such as apprenticeships.
We enjoy hearing how former students are succeeding in their adult lives and hope that they will keep in touch with us and support us in inspiring the next generation of students.