Award-winning careers education programme
We ensure that our students can:
- develop the skills they need to be able to explore and research different careers paths
- have opportunities to undertake work experience in Year 10
- have appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance at appropriate times, including to choose their GCSE options and to choose their pathway after completing Year 11
Education & Training Providers may wish to look at our Provider Access Policy
Who to speak to
Our Careers Advisor is supported by a Vice Principal, who acts as our Careers Leader. See our contact details page to get in touch.
Strengths of our careers education programme:
- a high level of support from key staff, including your Learning and Pastoral Support Officer, the Special Education Needs team and our dedicated Information, Advice and Guidance Officer
- our annual Careers Fair in which students can meet and speak to representatives from Further Education Colleges, Apprenticeship providers and employers
- our links with many local employers for work experience and other opportunities. We are fortunate that our sponsor The Co-op offers a large number of high quality work placements each year at their head office
- one-to-one interviews for Year 11 students to ensure they are fully informed when considering their options after leaving the academy
Alumni Call Out
Are you a previous Co-op Academy Manchester student? We would love to hear what you are doing now. This could really inspire, motivate and challenge our current students. Have you studied something interesting at university? Do you love your job? Have you used your skills to benefit your career pathway? Please tell us…
Email your post-academy journey to firstname.lastname@example.org or even better arrange a time to come and chat to our students. We would love to see you.
Thank you for inspiring our students!