The right mind-set
Being a good learner doesn’t just mean behaving in lessons, it’s also about being:
- positive and determined
- curious and able to ask great questions
- not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- able to make links and connections in their learning
- able to work with others
Great learners can work independently by being:
- Resilient – persists, overcomes difficulty, takes risks.
- Resourceful – shows initiative, demonstrates research skills, creative, works well interdependently.
- Reasoning – thinks and reviews, analyses patterns, deals well with conflicting ideas.
- Responsible – motivated to pursue goals, acts on feedback, proactive partner in learning, skilled at working collaboratively, shows leadership skills.
- Reflective – learns from experience, can improve on own learning, learns from research, helps to create the big picture, makes own connections in learning, reflects and acts on feedback.