Letter about further changes to the start of term in January (2 January 2021)
Firstly I wanted to wish you a happy new year and I hope you have had an enjoyable festive break.
I’m sure you will have been following the changes and I wanted to write to you to confirm the updated arrangements for the return to the academy.
I fully appreciate that these changes have been made again at a late stage but I want to assure you that I am working alongside the Trust to understand all of the guidance and information and to ensure that we continue to keep all members of our academy safe and able to return to face to face learning as soon as it is safe and practically possible. I will keep you updated on any further changes or developments that may occur over the coming weeks.
As you may be aware there has been a change to how and when students can return to the academy. At present the plan is as follows:
Week beginning 4th January 2021
- Identified students and critical worker students to return to the academy (you will receive a separate invite letter to confirm your child’s place)
- Year 11 students to follow their timetable each day, remotely on Google classroom
- (some year 11 students will be invited in to sit their BTEC Music exam on Thursday 7th Jan)
- Years 7-10 to complete remote learning on Google classroom
Week beginning 11th January 2021
- Identified students and critical worker students to continue to attend the academy (as per the previous invitation letters confirming your child’s place)
- Year 11 students to return to the academy for face to face learning
- Years 7-10 to follow their full timetable each day, remotely on Google classroom
Week beginning 18th January 2021
- We hope to welcome all students back to the academy for face to face learning
Please do not send your child to the academy this week unless you have received an invite letter confirming a place for your child.
When students are welcomed back to the academy for face to face learning they must attend in full academy uniform and will be expected to follow the normal social distancing measures. They will continue to follow their normal staggered start and end times and will be taught within their year group bubble. This also applies to students that receive an invitation to attend from 4th January onwards. Please make sure that your child has a face covering with them when they attend the academy.
If you have any issues or difficulties with remote learning then please contact your child’s LPSO in the first instance.
I will be in touch again early next week with details around the implementation of mass testing and also to update you on our plans moving forward (including arrangements for free school meals).
I again want to thank you for your support and understanding.
Head of Academy