Technology looks at how things work. Our students have great opportunities to design and build a range of exciting products in the areas of Food Technology, Product Design, Graphics and Textiles.
How we deliver Science and Technology:
- Year 7: students have two Technology lessons.
- Year 8: students have one Technology lesson.
- Year 9, 10 and 11: students who choose to take a Design and Technology option have two lessons per week.
What our students study:
The links below will open a PDF file which explains what knowledge, understanding and skills students learn about in each subject, as well as how they are assessed.
Qualifications delivered by the Technology Learning Zone:
- GCSE Design & Technology – Product Design (WJEC)
- GCSE Design & Technology – Textiles (WJEC)
- GCSE Food & Nutrition (WJEC)
- Level 2 Vocational Award in Hospitality and Catering (WJEC)