Learning and Pastoral Support Officers (LPSOs)
When a student (or their parents and carers) have a question or issue, their first point of contact will usually be their Learning and Pastoral Support Officer (LPSO).
Our LPSOs are a team of non-teaching staff acting as Heads of Year. Each year group has one or two named LPSOs who support our students through:
- celebrating students’ success and encouraging them to achieve even more
- monitoring students’ behaviour and attendance records; working together with students and their families to overcome any obstacles
- monitoring students’ progress in lessons and supporting them to reach their potential
- taking a leading role in home-academy communications
- supporting students with any welfare issues and being someone students can talk to